Monday 24 November 2014

Not Halloween, or Wembley, or even a fan-crazed One Direction concert...

Remember last week, when I blogged about the group of young people creating their own memorials? Well it has been agreed that Group 2's very visual and high impact memorial idea would stage very well. However, 24 lightbulbs on stage could quite possibly be a logistical nightmare.

We might have to kick it freestyle and don some torches or battery-operated lamps but let's not go too far down this route. There's a fine line between the performance ending up like this:





or this....



To something like this....


Or even this....




We're not trying to mystify the past by using a grand and clichéd metaphor of light, we're trying to create a really important memorial, to pay respects to millions of people who died. Personally, I think the performance could look stunning when the stage is illuminated with light from hand-held lamps or lightbulbs. 

I'll let you know how we get on with just the one lightbulb as a tester but right now, I've just risked the double-dip and my Rich Tea has well and truly fallen into my brew. 


Biscuit down. 




No comments:

Post a Comment